The Franche Comté region is rich in cultural heritage: discover the various museums and the three famous monuments listed as World Heritage by UNESCO!
There are many museums in the region :
In Besançon, you will find :
- Time Museum : brings together the watchmaking funds constituted by the Museum of Fine Arts and the collections of the Museum of the History of the City
- Victor Hugo Birth House : engaged fights of Victor Hugo are presented there
- Museum of Fine Art and Archeology : collection of European graphic art, archaeological heritage (Egyptian and Mediterranean collections, regional background), sculptures, ceramics, silverware, paintings
- Citadel Museums : Museum for Deportation and Resistance / Franche Comté Région Museum / The Museum
In Nancray, 30 minutes drive from the Gîtes de L’Orée du Bois :
- Museum of Franche-Comté Houses : is composed of 35 buildings from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries from the Franche-Comté region: farms, workshops, communal ovens, chapels, and many more. These buildings have been reconstructed, stone by stone.
Nearby Pontarlier, a medieval castle :
- Château de Joux : emblematic place of our region, the castle dominates the landscape of 100 metres.
World Heritage List of UNESCO
Discover our 3 sites listed Word Heritage by UNESCO :
- Saline Royale of Arc et Senans : the Saline Royale welcomes numerous exhibitions
- The Grande Saline of Salins-Les-Bains : the city has taken advantage of an exceptional gift of nature: salt
- Besançon Citadel : zoo and museums